US Friendly Depositing Options
So you think you have found the online poker room that suits you. You sign up, download the client and you are ready for the off and you can't wait to hit the tables with that welcome bonus. Then you hit a brick wall when it comes to making that initial deposit. It's extremely important to make sure that the depositing options are right for you. Most poker rooms will accept both Visa and Mastercard and for many players and rooms alike these are the prefered method, as they are quick and hassle free. There are of course other options available such as Western Union, Diners Club, Pre Paid cards, Cash Transfer, eCheck, American Express and eWalletXpress so it's always best to check with on the poker site and make sure it's all ok for you to take to the felt.
Bovada Poker (formerly Bodog Poker)
When you join Bovada Poker, you can fund your account with the following methods: Credit Card and Rapid Transfer.
- Visa: Any Visa Card can be used to deposit, meaning that you can use a Credit Card, Debit Card or Gift card (any of this cards must be eligible for international purchases).
- Rapid Transfer: This is an easy and fast method where you simply need to contact the Deposit Customer Support Team on 1-866-950-3500 in order to obtain the transfer details. After making your deposit simply contact the Support Team with deposit details and within 15 minutes the cash is in your account.
At BetOnline Poker, you will have a myriad of payment methods to choose from including: Visa via Person to Person, Visa and American Express, Visa and MasterCard Prepaid Card (ideally suited for US players), Person to Person, Money Orders, Moneybookers, NETeller, Bank Wire, and Check.
- Visa via Person to Person: A popular international money transfer method to fund your BetOnline Poker Account, you can easily set up this process by contacting customer support. The minimum deposit is $50, and the maximum is $2500.
- Visa, Visa Gift Cards, and American Express: Fund your account using any of these three methods. The minimum deposit is $50, and the maximum deposit is $2000. Note that BetOnline, “VISA Gift Cards can be used provided the gift card is specifically allowed to be used “internationally” and “online.” No credit card deposits can be processed over the phone.
- Prepaid Visa and MasterCard: Make an express payment online and get a "Prepaid Gift Card" to fund your account right through BetOnline using your Visa or MasterCard. Minimum deposit is $50 and the maximum is $1000.
- Money Orders: With a minimum of $300 and a maximum deposit of $9000, you can express ship them to BetOnline to fund your account. This method is for US players only.
- Moneybookers: Instantly fund your casino account using this method with a minimum deposit of $10 up to $50,000.
- NETeller: Open an account with NETeller and fund your BetOnline account. Deposit is a minimum of $10 up to $50,000.
- Bank Wire: Fund your BetOnline Poker account by transferring funds from your checking or savings account. Process takes approximately three days. The minimum deposit required is $1000, and there is no maximum. Be sure to read the terms of this payment method for a secure transfer.
- Checks: You can send your check to BetOnline via FedEx, UPS, or DHL. Be sure to contact customer support to provide the tracking number so that processing time will be minimal. There is a minimum deposit requirement of $1500, with a maximum of $24,900.
Americas Card Room
At a time when payment methods for online gaming are under scrutiny, Americas Card Room gives you the opportunity to fund your poker account with a minimum of $50 by contacting their customer support service who will help you choose the appropriate method.
The deposit methods on offer for US players are Visa International , and the card can be either Debit, Credit or Gift Card (Prepaid Card) Other options include Western Union and MoneyGram.