Americas Cardroom Introduce 'The Cage!'
The great US online poker room of Americas Cardroom is no stranger to launching unique and innovative promotions, after all, this is the room that brought you the Beast and the Sit & Go Crush progressive points races, and the latest to be served up is simply called The Cage, and it's not something for the faint hearted. The Cage is one of the freshest online poker promotions we've seen in a long time, and its a monster of a cash game that last 3 hours and costs a huge $5,000 + $100 buy in, however there's not many players that will be buying directly into the main event, and there are of course heaps of satellites.
The Cage Main Event takes place on October 8th at 8pm ET and all players start with 5,000 chips, and will play for 3 hours, and the big difference here is that each chip is worth exactly $1.00 and at the end of the 3 gruelling hours of real money high stakes action, players chips are exchanged into their cash winnings. Here are a few of the finer details of the Main Event, and then we'll tell you about the cheap qualifiers....
- Multi table event played over 3 hours
- Starting with $5,000 worth of chips
- Play ends on the 3 hour mark - No matter how many players remain
- Winnings exchanged directly for cash and paid out
The Cage will no doubt attract many high stakes players, however if you're a recreational, or smaller stakes player who wants a slice of that nosebleed action then there are many ways of getting to the main event for a fraction of that massive buy in. With satellites from just $1.50 you can work your way to the big one through the steps, or of course pay a little more and skip a few...
- Daily from 04.00 until 16.25 - The Cage Sat 1 - 1 seat to the Daily $30 - $1.50 buy in
- Daily from 04.30 until 16.55 - The Cage Sat 2 - 2 seats to the Daily $30 - $5.00 buy in
- Daily from 05.00 until 16.00 - The Cage Sat 3 - 2 seats to the Daily $30 - $3.00 buy in
- Daily at 17.00 - The Cage Super Sat - 1 seat to Wednesday $320 buy in - $30 buy in
- Wednesdays 19.30 - The Cage 1 Seat GTD Satellite - 1 seat to Main Event - $300 buy in
- Sundays 18.30 - The Cage 1 Seat GTD - 1 seat to Main Event - $100 buy in
- October 8th - 20.00 The Cage Main Event
So there you have it, all the details you need to make it to The Cage Main Event which promises to be an extraordinary cash game, one that Americas Cardroom has not seen the likes of before. If you're not a member of ACR just yet then should you get signed up now you'll get a great 100% bonus up to $1,000 to get you going, as well as a seat in the New Depositor $250 Freeroll.