Robert Mizrachi Wins 3rd WSOP Bracelet
The WSOP 2015 is under way and Robert Mizrachi has hit the headlines early doors by winning his 3rd WSOP Bracelet. Mizrachi took first place in the $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo event winning a cool $251,022 and he did it the hard way. Looking decidedly ill as in fact he stated he was in his post win interview, Mizrachi allowed Jacob Dahl to overturn a huge chip lead only saving himself when all in on Day 4, winning that hand, edging into the chip lead and then continuing on a monumental run that saw him claim the bracelet. This win makes things a little interesting in the Mizrachi family, as he is now tied with brother Michael on 3 bracelets, however the sibling rivalry is nothing more than friendly.
The Colossus Breaks RecordThe most talked about event at the WSOP 2015 is that of the Colossus, and it’s being talked about for two reasons, and not both of them are good ones. The good news is that the amount of players registered for the $500 buy in tournament was a huge 22,374, and that sets the record for the amount of players in a live poker tournaments. That huge field created a prize pool of $11,187,000 which is the biggest ever amount for a tournament with a buy in of under $500, however it’s the percentage of that huge prize pool that going to the winner that’s causing the ripples. The first placed player of the Colossus event will win only $638,880 which is a mere 5.7% of the actual prize pool, and nowhere near what most players expected it to be. The first place prize amount is of course being defended by the WSOP and they’re stating that the amount is fair, and is in fact 1,130 times the buy in, the largest for any event under $500. The debate will no doubt continue, as will the WSOP 2015.
Player News News
- PokerStars Casino Slots Player Wins $1.6m Jackpot August 25, 2020
- Rob Coventry Wins WSOP Circuit Hammond Main Event August 25, 2020
- Big Name Players Return to Tilt August 25, 2020
- Lock Poker Signs up The Grinder August 25, 2020
- PokerStars SCOOP Schedule Released August 13, 2020
- SSP News: Phil Ivey Back at Tilt and Playing as Polarizing August 13, 2020
- The $1 Million LSOP II at Americas Cardroom August 11, 2020
- Viktor Blom wins $1.7 Million in Six Hours August 10, 2020
- Ex Brazilian Soccer Star Ronaldo Joins Team PokerStars! July 30, 2020
- $5 Minimum Deposit Poker Rooms July 26, 2020