PokerStars TCOOP Sets New Heights
On Sunday night the PokerStars Turbo Championship of Online Poker main event was played out. An outstanding 5,060 players turned out for the event which was finally won by Swedish player 'firma1103' scooping a massive first place prize of $326,880. The main event also saw six other players hit the six figure win mark in the $700 buy in tourney. The biggest single prize paid out during the series went to ‘Jeremiade’ from Germany who stormed to victory in the high roller event banking a cool $382,812 in the process. Back to the main event and a look at the year on year numbers. Lat year the prize pool in the big one was a very nice amount of $2,438,555, however this year simply blew that away with a pool of $3,364,900 making it almost $1 Million up. With over 5,000 players this year and 3,667 last year we can clearly see the vast improvement all round. The High Roller event also surpassed that of last year with over 200 more players in the mix and a prize pool of $2,190,000 that smashed last years $1,628,000. $15 Million was guaranteed as a whole during the series however it finally paid out $24,036,531.74 which is around $5 Million up on last year.
Tourney Round UpBesides the main event and the High Roller event there were of course other tourneys played last weekend, 10 in total. The $27 Holdem Turbo, event #42 saw Team PokerStars Pro Marcel Luske getting in the money by finishing third and in a three way split taking $58,510.24 home. Another Swedish player hit the big time too with ‘BigMeech99’ winning the Sunday Warm Up event #46 winning a cool $161,808.21. Event '50 was a blast as a $215 Supersonic Hyper-Turbo was won by ‘pierrott77’ in a mere two hours and eleven minutes! Talk about fast cash, he won $124,077.54 in that short space of time. The player of the series went to ‘Tjepan’ from Denmark, winning the Champions Trophy and a 2014 PCA Package. It was a tight call and just 25 points separated him from second place ‘Tinas21’. The series was a major success for PokerStars for both large and small players with huge prizes, great tournaments and setting records that next year is going to find hard to beat....but we are sure it will.
- Borgata Casino Cancels $2 Million GTD Tourney Due to Counterfeit Chips November 9, 2020
- Players Join Together and Sue the Borgata November 9, 2020
- Canadian Poker Sites October 6, 2020
- Paypal Returns to US Online Gaming - Where it's Regulated August 25, 2020
- PokerStars Introducing Major Changes and a Marketing Revamp for 2016 August 25, 2020
- What is the Mid-States Poker Tour? August 25, 2020
- Guts Poker is Set to be Launched on Microgaming Poker Network August 25, 2020
- PokerStars Launches UK TV Advertisement August 25, 2020
- Remi Castaignon Wins EPT Deauville August 13, 2020
- PokerStars Atlantic City Casino Purchase Dealayed August 2, 2020