The 2013 WSOP Asia Gets Underway!
The World Series of Poker Asia/Pacific got under way this week and the Crown Casino Melbourne once again became the focus of the poker playing world. With five bracelets on offer the competition promised to be tough and players from all corners of the globe descended on the beautiful city of Melbourne. And day one promised to be very interesting as the series kicked off with a unique event dubbed 'The Accumulator'. This bracelet event is a $1,100 No Limit Holdem tourney with a difference in that players may, if they wanted to enter all three starting days even if they had chips left from the previous day. With three day ones a player could last the whole day, and last to the end, then enter day 2 again and take the accumulated chips from the previous day with them too. It seemed to be a format that many players liked and there was a great turn out and Australia was represented well with Grant Levy, Celina Lin, James Obst and David Gorr giving it a whirl. A good mix of international players added to the field and among others, Barry Greenstein, former World Champion Jonathan Duhamel and Melanie Weisner all showed out. We won't go into tourney details here as it's early days yet, but needless to say that Mr Phil Hellmuth pulled his usual trick and showed up sometime in the afternoon. The only strange thing about this is that he didn't make a grand entrance....maybe saving that for the Main Event?
The Bracelet Events at WSOP APACThe 'Accumulator may be the first bracelet event but there's four more where that came from as well as the much anticipated Caesar's Cup. The other four events are.....
- $1650 Pot Limit Omaha
- $2200 Mixed Event
- $5000 Six Handed No Limit Hold’em
- $10,000 Championship Event
- Mac Poker Where it's Only your Bankroll That gets Supersized! January 5, 2021
- Bovada Sit n Go Tournaments January 5, 2021
- Bovada Poker Promotions January 5, 2021
- Bovada Anonymous Poker Series January 5, 2021
- Bovada Pokers $100K New Player Qualifiers January 5, 2021
- The Bovada Golden Spade Poker Open - $1.5 Million Guaranteed January 5, 2021
- Bovada WPT Montreal: The Cash Edition January 5, 2021
- Bovada Poker - $15K in Monthly Freerolls January 5, 2021
- Bovada Poker Tournaments January 5, 2021
- Bovada Poker Sit and Go Tournaments January 5, 2021