Prepaid Cards for Poker
Just as more US casinos are aligning themselves with prepaid gift cards as a payment option, so too if you are an online poker player, prepaid cards are preferable to fund your poker account. The reason is simple: they are the best way to transfer money from your prepaid card to your poker account without having to worry about credit cards or other forms of payment.
What Are the Best Prepaid Cards To Use for Poker?There are several. Green Dot, Net Spend, Virtual Pin, and WiredPlastic are just a few of the most commonly used prepaid cards.
- The Green Dot Prepaid card is available in both Visa and MasterCard. You can apply for this card online and there is no credit check or bank account required. You can also purchase the Green Dot prepaid card at retailers such as: CVS; Kmart; RadioShack; RiteAid; Walgreens; and 7Eleven as well as any retailer that carries these prepaid cards. The cost is $4.95 and you can load up to $2500 or through direct deposit up to $10,000.
- NetSpend is a prepaid debit card that you can apply for online. It also comes in the form of a Visa and MasterCard. Available at more than 60,000 locations, NetSpend allows you to fund your online poker account without any hassles. The “pay as you go” NetSpend MasterCard prepaid card has no activation fee, no monthly fee, and you can load up to $10,000.
- WiredPlastic is a prepaid Visa card that you can obtain at more than 100,000 locations. You can load the card via direct deposit; through retail locations; Paypal; and bank transfers. There is an activation fee of $9.95 and a monthly fee of $5.95. You can load up to $2500 daily.
- Virtual Pin is a prepaid phone card that can be used to fund your online poker account. This prepaid card is for US players who have a Visa credit card and want to use an alternative method to fund their accounts. You can obtain a free account using a Visa card to purchase the phone card. You can load the card from $100 up to $500.
Transferring Money from a Prepaid Card to your Online Poker AccountAll of the prepaid and debit cards mentioned herein are excellent methods to fund your online poker account. Many of the best online poker sites accept these alternative forms of payment, and Bodog Casino is the Virtual Pin casino of choice. Virtually any casino that accepts prepaid or debit cards will accept Green Dot, NetSpend, and WiredPlastic. We recommend that before you purchase any of these prepaid and debit cards, that you contact your casino of choice and inquire if they accept them. You may also want to keep in mind that all Vegas Technology casinos accept the prepaid gift card option and reward you with a bonus for using these cards as well.
Ace Elite VisaThe Ace Elite Visa pre paid card allows you to load cash in many locations across the US and the nearest one to you can be found easily by using the Ace Elite website store locator. This card allows you to make purchases anywhere and is ideal for use online. A great feature of this card is that you may use the free iPhone or Android app to check your balance, see recent transactions and find locations to load the card.
Mango MasterCardThe Mango MasterCard can be used for international purchases which makes it absolutely perfect for use online anywhere that accepts MasterCard. You can load the card by Direct Deposit and even have your paycheck sent to it, you may load with Paypal which is ideal or use your existing bank account to fund the card. You may also put cash onto the card by using a Green Dot MoneyPak that can be purchased from thousands of locations. The Mango card has no fees for purchases however retailers can charge up to $4.95 for a MoneyPak Card.
Kaiku VisaKaiku Visa is a pre paid debit card that allows purchases to be made wherever you see the Visa sign, online and offline. There are limits on transactions for your own security and the maximum single purchase amount is $1,500. Once signed up and you have your card you may fund it through various way. Direct Deposit is a popular method or should you prefer to use cash then you may load it with ReadyLink or even Moneygram. It's one of the easiest cards to fund and this may be done from gas stations, grocery stores and 7-11's.
NetSpend PremiumNetSpend premium offers one of the highest balance amount we've seen as you can hold up to $15,000 on it. It's extremely handy as the account center and alerts can be used on the mobile site and you are always up to date on your transaction history. It's ideal for online shopping and can be used on any site that accepts visa. Loading the card is simple and you may use Direct Deposit, Paypal, Bank Transfer or one of the 100,000 NetSpend locations across the US using cash. It can be used at ATM's and has high daily withdrawal limits. The card has a $5.00 monthly fee.
- 15 Million OSS Cub3d on Americas Cardroom July 30, 2020
- How to Win Poker Tournaments July 27, 2020
- Poker Tournaments July 27, 2020
- How to Choose Your Poker Room July 27, 2020
- Three Card Rummy July 26, 2020
- Aced Poker Adds Casino July 26, 2020
- Aced Poker offer 50% Reload Bonus August 25, 2020
- The 7 Million Venom at Americas Cardroom Could Make You a Millionaire for Free July 17, 2020
- Participate in the 7 Million Venom on Americas Cardroom for Free July 3, 2020
- Mobile Poker Tournament June 18, 2020