Daniel Negreanu Wins WSOPE High Roller Event and is Crowned Player of the Year
Negreanu Wins WSOPE High Roller and Crowned Player of the Year
had a pretty good World Series of Poker Europe, and that’s putting it mildly. Not of only did he take down the 25,000 Euro High Roller event but he also became the first man in history to win the WSOP Player of the Year award twice. Negreanu has had a phenomenal 2013 starting back in January by winning the WSOP Asia Pacific Main Event and finishing 4th in the mixed event. That form continued throughout the year and he finished 4th in the EPT Grand Final main event, 7th in the WPT Championship, 2nd in the $2,500 Limit 2-7 Triple Draw lowball at the WSOP and then second in the EPT Barcelona high roller event, before coming to the WSOPE.
By winning the high roller event at the WSOPE and pocketing $1,001,225 he has also moved into third place on the all time live tourney event money list. That all adds up to his greatest year since 2004 and during his last win, the WSOPE high roller he overcame a field of quality players, as you would expect in a 25,000 Euro buy in. A total of 80 players took to the felt and only 9 players made the money, with 8 going to the final table, a table that looked like a who’s who of poker, with Scott Seiver, Phillip Gruissem, David Peters, Tim Adams, Nicolau Villa Lobos, Erik Seidel and Jason Koon all in attendance. Just before the final table was set Negreanu was in poor shape however he managed to turn things around and build back up. He had a short stack as play started but by the time things had gotten around to heads up play against Nicolau Villa Lobos he had a 2-1 chip lead, and although at one stage he lost the lead for a while, after 53 hands he had it in the bag. That ended Negreanu’s WSOP Europe and you can only imagine that he was one very happy poker player after such a storming year at the tables.
- Choose Your WSOP Package at Genting Poker July 30, 2020
- WSOP Schedule July 27, 2020
- WSOP Europe Moves to Paris July 26, 2020
- WSOP Main Event May 19, 2019
- The Importance of the WSOP Circuit April 2, 2019
- The 2013 WSOP Europe Schedule Released February 10, 2018
- Lincoln Milne Wins WSOP Circuit Main Event in River Rock February 10, 2018
- WSOP.com Takes the Lead in Nevada January 30, 2018
- Claim Your Seat in the WSOP Main Event 2017 June 4, 2017
- Expect Even More Action at WSOP 2017 February 7, 2017