Maryland Live! Poker Room Exceeds Expectations in First Month of Business
Maryland Live! Poker Room Exceeding Expectations
The all new 52 table Maryland Live! poker room is running extremely well with profits from those tables reported as being over $17 million for August 2013. At 15,000 square feet the poker room took over $350,000 in the first 4 days of business and it has kept the momentum going running at full capacity almost every night which is some achievement for the largest facility of its kind on the East Coast.
Maryland Live! poker room is one of 2 in the state and there are plans for more as Caesar’s Entertainment are building a Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore and MGM are hoping to be building a large casino resort in Prince George’s. The fact that poker is going well offline means that there’s a chance of Maryland going online with a poker offering as Maryland’s Director of the State Lottery and Gaming Control Stephen Martino has admitted that his team will be keeping a very close eye on how things go in New Jersey.
He recently said that, “Two of the four states that are kind of in our competitive area have or are going down the road with some form of online gaming, and that’s something we are going to have to keep our eye on. If we are ever in a position where we are looking to implement some form of online gaming, we will certainly look at the states that have gone before to get perspective and a handle on the best practices.”
With constant news of poker rooms not fairing too well over in Nevada this all comes as a refreshing change for the land based player and it appears that Maryland is doing quite a few things right in keeping its poker scene active.
USA Gambling News
- Regulated US Poker Sites Hit Springtime Downturn August 25, 2020
- PokerStars Could Save 1700 Jobs in Atlantic City August 25, 2020
- Poker Legislation for Online Gambling is Being Introduced in New York August 25, 2020
- PokerStars Chairman Agrees to Pay $50 Million August 25, 2020
- Delaware Chooses Online Gaming Partners August 25, 2020
- PPA Want State by State Online Poker Approvals August 13, 2020
- SSP News: California Bill to be Reintroduced Next Week August 13, 2020
- SSP News: Interest Groups Clash Over Online Poker August 13, 2020
- SSP News: US Attorney Looking for 3rd Party for Tilt Refunds August 11, 2020
- Sunshine Poker Survey Shows that New Jersey Needs to up its Game August 11, 2020