Viktor Blom wins $1.7 Million in Six Hours
There's a few Full Tilt Poker mentions in the news this weekend as Mr Blom continues his outstanding streak and the documentary focusing on online poker 'Bet, Raise Fold - The Story of online Poker is about to be released. First up a look at the exploits of Viktor Blom as the online poker sensation continued his amazing run of form by taking a huge $1.7 million from Ben 'Bttech86' Tollerene. And how long did it take Isildur1 to do this? Just under six hours is the answer, that's not a bad hourly rate really is it? It all happened at the mega high stakes tables on Full tilt and at one stage during the proceedings Bttech86 must have thought he had the man in form beaten as he was down $1 million. However, it didn't take long for Blom to turn things around and he walked away with more than just a few extra bucks. Tollerene wasn't the only player to have been given a beating either as Blom took plenty of cash from Gus Hansen and Sebastien 'Seb86' Sabic. All said and done it was a pretty profitable week for the young star.
Bet, Raise Fold – The Story of Online PokerAnother bit of news involving Tilt comes with the release of the full length documentary 'Bet, Raise Fold – The Story of Online Poker'. The film has been made by a group of players who are using their own winnings to make and promote it. It starts from 2003 when Chris Moneymaker became the first player ever to win the WSOP Main Event by qualifying in an online poker room. That poker room was PokerStars and the buy was a mere $39, we then had the 'Moneymaker Effect', which gave online poker a boost that it had never seen before. In that very year the World Poker Tour started out and was broadcast on the Travel Channel becoming it's highest rated show, and afters years of growth the game ran into UIGEA in 2006. Most of you readers will know the story of the growth of poker with Stars and Full Tilt leading the way but there are some great stories in the film and it's well worth a watch.
Player News News
- London Casino Refuses to Pay Phil Ivey October 7, 2020
- PokerStars Casino Slots Player Wins $1.6m Jackpot August 25, 2020
- Rob Coventry Wins WSOP Circuit Hammond Main Event August 25, 2020
- Big Name Players Return to Tilt August 25, 2020
- Lock Poker Signs up The Grinder August 25, 2020
- PokerStars SCOOP Schedule Released August 13, 2020
- SSP News: Phil Ivey Back at Tilt and Playing as Polarizing August 13, 2020
- The $1 Million LSOP II at Americas Cardroom August 11, 2020
- Ex Brazilian Soccer Star Ronaldo Joins Team PokerStars! July 30, 2020
- $5 Minimum Deposit Poker Rooms July 26, 2020