PokerStars Happy With Christies Decision
PokerStars Content With New Jersey Decision
The worlds largest real money online poker site,
, has said that it's content with New Jersey State Gov. Chris Christies' decision to give the online gambling bill a conditional veto. PokerStars could play a big part in the future of gambling in the Garden State and is awaiting a decision on the possible purchase of the troubled Atlantic Club Casino and Hotel. Christie has made it very clear that the bill will be signed into law as soon as the few amendments are made with the big two being that the bill will be re-examined in 10 years time and that all tax on internet winnings will be pushed up to 15% rather than the proposed 10%. Senator Lesniak whose proposed the bill says that these changes will be made and the bill amended by March 18th. The 10 year amendment is said to be long enough not to deter potential investment and the rise in tax would go towards problematic gambling.
The PokerStars Factor
There is no doubt that Stars would be a welcome sight in New Jersey and could potentially save more than 1700 jobs in the state. When speaking on the issue of the Atlantic Club they have stated that, “we look forward to working with the relevant parties, including the NJ Division of Gambling Enforcement to finalize that process,” and on the bill itself, “We have consistently said that this bill will drive economic development and job creation in New Jersey and are committed to play our part in that process.” adding, “The distinctive environment that I-Gaming can create for New Jersey is unprecedented and we are pleased that Governor Christie sees the significant benefits of mixing online and offline gaming.” The PokerStars factor should not be ignored as not only do they have the funds to provide New Jersey with the lift that it requires, they are also the biggest and most recognized poker brand in the world and would undoubtedly bring the big names to the state.
- PokerStars Atlantic City Casino Purchase Dealayed August 2, 2020
- Poker Host To Move to Equity Poker Network July 30, 2020
- Paypal Returns to US Online Gaming - Where it's Regulated July 30, 2020
- Poker Tournaments July 27, 2020
- How to Choose Your Poker Room July 27, 2020
- Casinos Using Cubits July 23, 2020
- Golden Riviera poker brings you to the door step of the highly eclectic game of Poker July 22, 2020
- How to Find the Best Online Poker Sites in Your Country March 29, 2020
- Online Poker March 29, 2020
- The World Series of Jackpots at Americas Cardroom March 18, 2020