Phil Hellmuths 12th WSOP Bracelet
Phil Does it Again!
Phil Hellmuth roars to victory in the $2500 buy in 7 card Razz tournament to claim his all conquering 12th (yes that's 12th) WSOP bracelet and the prize of $182,793. The Poker Brat is a living legend, and has to go down as the most successful player in history. We all know that Phil likes to big himself up at the tables, he slates other players, coffee shops and can be a handful at times but there's no arguing about his ability at the tables and while other players may talk a good game, Phil delivers a good game time and time again. Mr Hellmuth is known to make a big entrance at the WSOP, he has arrived with an army of models and even drove a NASCAR in one year, crashing it in the car park at the Belagio. However this year it was his exit that made the headlines, winning the bracelet, collecting the cash and doing a victory lap around the main room at the Rio Las Vegas. It was as if he was almost teasing the other players and those watching from around the room.
This was a tough final table with 6 of the last 8 players owning WSOP bracelets, but in front of a packed gallery, half of them cheering against him, he took home the gold and the dollar. At the tender age of 47 Phil is 2 bracelts ahead of his nearest rival, with poker greats Doyle Brunson and Johnny Chan both owning 10 each. Having had such a great career so far there appears to be no stopping the "poker brat" and don't expect that this will be his last win at the WSOP. He is writing the poker history books all by himself, he is adored by millions, and hated by an equal number, but no matter what your thoughts are on the man, there is one thing (well 12 actually) that you can never take away from him!
This bracelet is also significant in that it's the first win in any variation of the game other than Hold 'em. Over the years many poker followers have commented on this, however if Hold 'em is your game then stick to it, he's not done so bad by it. Since winning his first bracelet in 1989 he has never looked back and will continue to build brand Hellmuth!
- Mac Poker Where it's Only your Bankroll That gets Supersized! January 5, 2021
- Bovada Sit n Go Tournaments January 5, 2021
- Bovada Poker Promotions January 5, 2021
- Bovada Anonymous Poker Series January 5, 2021
- Bovada Pokers $100K New Player Qualifiers January 5, 2021
- The Bovada Golden Spade Poker Open - $1.5 Million Guaranteed January 5, 2021
- Bovada WPT Montreal: The Cash Edition January 5, 2021
- Bovada Poker - $15K in Monthly Freerolls January 5, 2021
- Bovada Poker Tournaments January 5, 2021
- Bovada Poker Sit and Go Tournaments January 5, 2021